Finally, I think it works! You can go to google data studio and create a STARLIMS Data Source!
Search for STARLIMS; if I got it right, it should come out in the partner section.
Follow the instructions, and you should be able to get it running!
A few things to note:
- the predefined queries work, except for COC, which I kind of ditched for now.
- the QBE work! Note that I don’t (yet) apply the default QBE filters, so don’t just go and pull up all your data. That will be hard on all servers.
- You can create many connections; so you technically could create one for Folders, one for Samples, one for Results, one for your favourite QBE, one for your products, etc… And blend all of them! Magical!
- Finally, and most importantly: I – do – not – cache – the – data. Not yet. I will eventually look at doing that, but not now. Therefore, each time you run this, you actually query the database server. Be careful.
- I do this on my own time for fun. It’s just fun. Good if it helps you, but don’t hold me responsible if you mis-use this!
That’s it for now! Remember, this is a project for fun! Contact me if you want to know more, of if you wish me to consider adding features to this.